Friday, April 1, 2016

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare Review SPOILER ALERT!

Title: Lady Midnight
Author: Cassandra Clare
Blurb: Emma Carstarirs is a warrior, a Shadowhunter and the best in her generation. She lives for battle. Shoulder to shoulder with her parabati Julian Blackthorn. Her parents wre murdered 5 years before. When recent attacks just like Emaa's parents show up, Emma is aching fro revenge. With the help of parabati's family, she finds the killer and kills him. Along the way Emma faces betrayals, shocking facts, and in the midst of it love.
*








Lady Midnight wasn't bad or good. To be honest it's a 3- Star book. I really hate to be on the minority, but maybe I just had too much expectations for this book.

Pro's

            I did like the change of characters. Emma sounded so cool and so awesome. I loved her fierce attitude, and don't-mess-with me look. Julian (love interest) wasn't snarky or sarcastic. He was the peaceful one. The one you could trust with your life. Mark Blackthorn sounds cool. He's a little insecure about being a Shadowhunter and half- fey, but eventually he found his place among his family. Out of all of them, my favorite character was Cristina.
             Cristina doesn't play a major role, but she is always there to help Emma. I love that we couldn't fathom  her past. We also no from Mark that she is from a royal family.
        The plot was also interesting, but it was a little to slow. In the ending, I love that she left us up in suspense. I predict that Annabel will come back and try to avenge her love for Malcom.

Cons

     
      This was just really, really slow. The ending didn't quite make up for that. The whole time, I was aching to get rid of it. The chapters are long. Some pages I skipped because it was getting really boring.
Would I recommend it?
I will recommend it because there isn't a lot of drawbacks and still was an exciting read.

Rating: 3 stars


*

No comments:

Post a Comment