Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers

Title: Mortal Heart
Author: Robin LaFevers
Publishing Release: November 2014
Blurb: Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has...





Review

  Mortal Heart. Well honestly I don't know how to begin. It's ... something. This book left me feeling I had a really tiring day. And I don't know where to begin. Hopefully, this review can sort out my thoughts.

     Before, I say if this book is alright or not. I have to say that some parts were really boring. Since, it was placed in a middle of a war a lot (okay some) were about the war. I'm not a war person and strategy is not game, so mostly I was like yawn, and skipped over those pages
   
    Well the war and the duchess play a big role in Annith's romance life. Since, the duchesses sister died that's how Annith realized she was in love with Death himself. Yea Death. Like that was unexpected. Like Annith says how could she miss the signs, the clues. Pretty much predictable. 
    Well as much as the lovey dovey stuff was predictable. Other things weren't. Such as Chancellor Crunad is Annith's father. Yup not Death. And her mom was Abess. 

    The Abess or Reverend Mother had done to great deals to protect Annith. She has even poisoned nun's and the old Abess. Annith felt a deep betrayal. I would have felt that,but maybe a little grateful that I was alive thanks to her. Also, Annith who understands Death, doesn't understand why her mom did that. I did because well she's Annith's mother. Of course, she'll go to any extent to protect her child. Any mother would. And Annith here, she is treating the person who saved her life like a piece of poop. So I was shaking my head at that.

  A lot of the characters are complex. But Death is even more complex. Even his relationship with Annith. Like how did they end up liking each other in the first place. Well Death fell for her when she was 5 years old. Well that was nice, not. And Annith hardly talked to him. 
    I know a lot of this didn't explain why I didn't like some parts of the book so here is a little recap

1) There was a lot history stuff that was boring. 
2) Predictable (some parts)
3) Too Unreal ( I know your like "it's a fantasy novel everything is possible" But this was too unreal)

  But I did like some parts of the books. Although it's a little bit. The writing style was nice so that's a plus.

Overall 3 stars or Toshi's

No comments:

Post a Comment